Shirley High's motto is "Striving for Excellence" and we strive to be excellent and achieve in everything we do.
Shirley High School has a long tradition of excellent achievement. The school's examination results have shown a consistent improvement over the years.
- Value Added 2014 - vocational - third best school nationally
- Value Added 2015 - second in the country in the DfE Government league tables for Post-16 vocational progression
- Value Added 2016 - top school in the country in the DfE Government league tables for Post-16 applied general progression (the only school to appear in the top 5 from 2014 to 2016)
- Value Added 2017 – ALPs Certificate of Outstanding Progress (Top 25% 3 Year T-Score 2015-2017)
- Value Added 2018 – ALPs Certificate of Outstanding Progress (Top 15% 3 Year T-Score 2016-2018)
GCSE Results 2019
We are delighted that this year has seen a significant increase in our progress score. More students have achieved their target grades, with 15% of all students achieving grades 9 – 7. We are extremely proud of the performance of departments such as Science and Art. Triple scientists outperformed the national picture at all key grades and Art produced amazing outcomes with 25% of students securing a grade 7 or above and 87% obtaining a grade 5 or above. We aim to ensure even better results in the next academic year.
Year 11 students
9 to 8 grades (inc A*) = 7%
9 to 7 grades (inc A*-A) = 15%
9 to 5 grades (inc A*-B) = 42%
9 to 4 (inc A*-C) = 59%
9% Students achieved 5 x A*-A (9-7)
56% Students achieved 5 x A*-C (9-4)
99% Students achieved 5 x A*-G (9-1)
Post 16 Results 2019
Well done to all our students. All students that applied for university secured places with 10% of our cohort accepted at a Russell group university. We are very proud that our pass mark this year is again high with 97% achieving a pass at A ‘Level and 100% securing a BTEC qualification.
97% A’ Level Pass rate
100% BTEC Pass rate
100% obtained university places
10% students obtained Russell Group university places
Please feel free to have a read through our latest Ofsted Report.