Shirley High's motto is "Striving for Excellence" and we strive to be excellent and achieve in everything we do.
Shirley High School has a long tradition of excellent achievement. The school's examination results have shown a consistent improvement over the years.
- Value Added 2014 - vocational - third best school nationally
- Value Added 2015 - second in the country in the DfE Government league tables for Post-16 vocational progression
- Value Added 2016 - top school in the country in the DfE Government league tables for Post-16 applied general progression (the only school to appear in the top 5 from 2014 to 2016)
- Value Added 2017 – ALPs Certificate of Outstanding Progress (Top 25% 3 Year T-Score 2015-2017)
- Value Added 2018 – ALPs Certificate of Outstanding Progress (Top 15% 3 Year T-Score 2016-2018)
GCSE Results 2018
7% students achieved 5 x 9-7
54% students achieved 5 x 9-4 (English 70% Maths 56%)
98.3% students achieved level 1 (5+ 9-1)
Post 16 Results 2018
A Level: 76% A*-C; 100% Pass
BTEC Extended Diploma: 85% Dist*/Dist; 100% Pass
Please feel free to have a read through our latest Ofsted Report.