"STRIVING FOR EXCELLENCE”
Shirley High School is a high attaining co-educational 11 - 18 school which serves, and is an integral part of, the local community. The school participates in a number of productive partnerships and has at its heart the two principles of ‘achieve and enjoy’. This is reflected in our ethos, aims and practice.
It is our aim to develop our students to the best of their ability and to prepare them for life after school.
We place a strong emphasis on high standards of achievement amongst all of our students. We believe that such standards are achieved in a happy, well ordered atmosphere where good attendance, punctuality and the development of sound personal relationships are encouraged.
We aim to:
- Encourage students to pursue their full potential and achieve academic excellence;
- Relate the curriculum to the individual needs of each student and through it to promote social, moral and religious values;
- Recognise success and encourage talent of all kinds;
- Foster an atmosphere of student self-discipline and responsibility within the school;
- Prepare students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experience of adult life;
- Involve students, parents/carers, staff, governors and the local community in promoting the aims of the school.
Mr T Myton